Groom's Cottage is surely one of the most tranquil of Northumberland holiday cottages. Located ½ mile from the charming village of Chatton which nestles around the river Till. Chatton has a church, post office, shop and pub - The Percy Arms which has a friendly atmosphere and serves good food.
This detached, stone-built holiday cottage sits on a sandstone ridge in north Northumberland near Alnwick, giving it outstanding views of the Cheviots and surrounding hills.
Groom's Cottage is a detached, single storey property and is ideally situated for walkers, cyclists and climbers, or those just wanting to explore the wonderful Northumbrian countryside.
Enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside in this private haven.
The cottage comprises:
- Entrance porch. Kitchen/living room with inglenook fireplace, wood burning stove & country views. Wooden floors throughout, double glazing and central heating. Colour TV & DVD player.
- Fitted kitchen with fridge freezer, electric cooker, washing machine and microwave.
- 2 bedrooms, 1 double, 1 twin, both with country views.
- Bathroom with walk-in shower.
- Private onsite parking.
- Private garden with views of the hills.
- Free WiFi available.
- Linen, towels, fuel & oil central heating inclusive.
- Well behaved pets by arrangement (£15 per pet).
- Secure outdoor storage for bikes etc.
Tariff 2020£380(min) - £595(max) per week
plus £20 per pet
Most bookings are for a week, Saturday - Saturday, but we also offer weekend and midweek breaks when available (minimum 3 nights)
Access information is available on request.
Terms & Conditions
- When booking a deposit of £100 is required & the balance should be paid no later than 4 weeks before arrival. Deposits are not refundable.
- Bookings made within 4 weeks of arrival require full payment immediately.
- Cancellations of bookings within 4 weeks of arrival where full payment has been received will be refunded if the period is re-let minus a £50 admin charge.
- Maximum number of guests must not exceed 4
- The client agrees to leave the property in the same condition it was handed over to them.
- In the event of damage or breakages the owner reserves the right to make an additional charge to cover repair/replacement or additional cleaning costs.
- Keys are available from 2pm on the day of arrival. Please vacate the cottage by 10am on day of departure.
- All cheques should be made payable to Jane Ord. Fees may be paid by bank transfer - please ask for bank details.