Groom's Cottage is surely one of the most tranquil of Northumberland holiday cottages. Located ½ mile from the charming village of Chatton which nestles around the river Till. Chatton has a church, post office, shop and pub - The Percy Arms which has a friendly atmosphere and serves good food.
This detached, stone-built holiday cottage sits on a sandstone ridge in north Northumberland near Alnwick, giving it outstanding views of the Cheviots and surrounding hills.
Groom's Cottage is a recently refurbished detached, single storey property and the holiday cottage has a 4 star rating from Visit Britain Quality in tourism assessment.
Enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside in this private haven.
The cottage comprises:
- Entrance porch. Kitchen/living room with inglenook fireplace, wood burning stove & country views. Wooden floors throughout, double glazing and central heating. Colour TV & DVD player.
- Newly fitted kitchen with fridge freezer, electric cooker, washing machine and microwave.
- 2 bedrooms, 1 double, 1 twin, both with country views.
- Bathroom with shower over bath.
- Private onsite parking.
- Private garden with views of the hills.
- Linen, towels, fuel & oil central heating inclusive.
- Well behaved pets by arrangement (£15 per pet).
- Secure outdoor storage for bikes etc.
Tariff 2017/18£270/wk (min)
Short breaks available (minimum 3 nights)
Access information is available on request.
Terms & Conditions
- When booking a deposit of £50 low season £100 high season is required & the balance should be paid no later than 4 weeks before arrival. Deposits are not refundable.
- Bookings made within 4 weeks of arrival require full payment immediately.
- Cancellations of bookings with in 4 weeks of arrival where full payment has been received will be refunded if the period is re-let minus a £50 admin charge.
- The client agrees to leave the property in the same condition it was handed over to them.
- In the event of damage or breakages the owner reserves the right to make an additional charge to cover repair/replacement or additional cleaning costs.
- Keys are available from 2pm on the day of arrival. Please vacate the cottage by 10am on day of departure.
- All cheques should be made payable to Jane Ord.